Our Van Hire Terms & Conditions
Please read our van hire terms prior to booking with us.
Van hire is simple! Here's how it works.
- Have a look at our self drive van fleet, and choose a van that will work for you. Remember to consider your load volume and size.
If you're not sure which van you need, feel free to contact one of our helpful team who will advise you on the best option.
- Read our terms and conditions.
- Submit your booking form.
- We'll get back to you with an email confirmation.
- Your van will be ready to collect!
What to bring
Please ensure you bring the following:
- A valid full driving license.
- National insurance details.
- A copy of a utility bill with your correct address, dated within the last month.
- A refundable £250 deposit is required.*
What to expect
When collecting one of our hire vans, a TLP team member will conduct the following:
- A walk around check of the vehicle.
- A recording of the fuel level and mileage.
- You will then be asked to sign a document to confirm these checks have been carried out
Returning Our Vehicle
What to expect
Here's what happens when you return the vehicle:
- A member of our team will do a walk-around check of the vehicle.
- They will make another recording of the fuel level and mileage.
- If the fuel level is lower than it was at the point of collection, we will charge £1.45 per litre thereafter.
- If the return mileage exceeds our 200 mile per day limit, we will charge 15p per mile thereafter.
- A £250 deposit will be refunded if all of the above terms and conditions are met, and if the vehicle is in the same condition as it was when you collected it.
Terms and Conditions
Van Hire Mileage, Fuel & Insurance Terms
Please read our terms on mileage, fuel and insurance for our local van hire service.
- Mileage - We have a maximum limit of 200 miles per day. Anything above will be charged at 15p per mile thereafter.
- Fuel - The fuel level must be the same on Return as Collection. If the fuel level is lower, TLP will charge £1.45 per litre thereafter.
- Insurance - Unless customers wish to insure the vehicle themselves, TLP Self Drive will insure the vehicle, with a £1250 excess.
*please note, if the vehicle is not in the same condition as it was upon collection, your deposit may not be fully refunded.